cameras..

 Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 16:46:42 EDT
   From: doris1434@aol.com

Doris, the Digital cameras, in the price range 5 to 10 thousand range are med.
format Professional cameras... That can capture a 18 mega byte file to make a
decent wall portrait.   Not That I expect you would understand.. I am sure you are
happy with the cheap models,  Only that when it's a wedding pics or portrait pics
you want, you come to professionals don't you?
there are some lower priced digital cameras that take good snap shots, cameras
that take pics that snap are professional. And yes, I have seen the pics of
irises, and no , there is no good rule of thirds shown, everything is centered,
pics taken during mid day give a flat light, which gives you a flat picture.
However when used properly.. you can make the cheaper cameras make outstanding
photographs
You have to think ahead before you take the shot and apply some knowledge, then
take the shot..
I stress this to students..
Some take the shot  first , thinking they can fix it in photo shop later
And some are just stubborn, arrogant, know-it-all and ignorant..

R.J.

Subject: Re: cameras..

In a message dated 6/27/2001 10:57:20 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
cyberphoenix@qwestonline.com writes:

> I  understand the benefits of digital, however , unless you pay a lot more
> for a
> camera, that sells in the 5 to 8 or even 10 thousand range you will not get
> better
> photos then with standard film. You should use good film, and then have it
> scanned
> at the lab, then go over it in photo shop.. You should stick to the film
> instead
> of taking the easy way out. Learn about photography first, and get a really
> good
> Camera with good glass.. I prefer Cannon my self. I also like Hasselblad.
> I and my wife are professional photographers,
>
> As a professional photographer, I can see where you are coming from but
> perhaps you are missing the fact that 90% of us are just camera happy folks
> who want to have fun, take some pretty darn good pictures for our pleasure
> and the pleasure of other like-minded camera happy people that we share
> with. I will disagree with you and the price range you quoted of "5 to 8 or
> even 10 thousand range". . .good grief. . I have a wonderful Olympus that
> cost me $500 and while my pictures wouldn't stand up under the scrutiny of
> your professional eye, they sure look good to me. What mine may lack in
> professional photo quality, they show I've given thought to and studied
> composition, lighting, and angles.
        Have you downloaded some of the pictures sent in to iris-photo? There
> who are NOT professional
> photographers. . Mike Sutton takes some excellent pictures as does Laurie
> up in MN.
>        So, until I can justify a "5 to 8 or even 10 thousand (dollar)
camera, I'll be perfectly happy with the pictures I'm taking with my Olympus
1.3 megapixel, 3 x zoom lens!

Doris Elevier, El Paso, TX Zone 7, AHS 9-10 Hot, dry, AND windy.