Re: OT:Bill's book

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] OT:Bill's book
  • From: "wendy sargeant" <wendon@dcsi.net.au>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 15:10:56 +1000

Hello Colleen and All,
Some people have all the luck..Oh to be in sunny Perth...and shopping too,
what bliss.:)
I bought Bill Shears book recently too Colleen but I got mine from
Amazon.com where I found it was cheaper to buy books direct from the USA,
than it was to find them over here....It worked out with postage etc to be
around the $30.00 Aus mark, which I consider was a real bargain, as you will
too once you have read this book from cover to cover. I couldnt leave it
alone, it is such a good read and the lovely pictures too. Now if I could
only get some of those JIs in the book....But yikes, where would I put
them..:) Hope you are enjoying the weather over there, its been terribly
frosty and cold here, good for the Dwarf iris though...Bye for Now from
Wendy Sargeant, Zone 8ish , Victoria,Australia...P.S. Iris blooming at
present: All the ungulicularis fellows, Mary Barnyard, Walter Butt, Blue
Stripe, and one I have forgotten the name of...the retics are leaping out of
the ground and the dutch are budding up..Well the new one Acupulco is, gosh
it has weird shaped bulbs too.