Someone wrote:
>Not That I expect you would understand.. I am sure you are happy with >the
>cheap models,  Only that when it's a wedding pics or portrait
>pics you want, you come to professionals don't you?

Which my daughter did for her wedding last year. 2 professional
photographers, both graduated from photography courses and using very
expensive equipment, managed to do a botch up job and there were very few
worth while photos.
I had my trusty hybrid Pentax, with it's Sigma lens, everything set to point
and click, auto focus. The camera cost me $600 Aus 2 years ago. I bought it
mainly for iris photos. $600 is a little over $300 US. There were couple of
relatives, who consider themselves amateur photographers, and know all the
technical jargon, and fiddle with all the settings.
My photos turned out to be the best on the day. Enough to make up a nice
album. My secret? Use the right film. Be in the right place at the right
time. Point and click.

Cheers, Jan