Re: PHOTO: film for accurate blues

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] PHOTO: film for accurate blues
  • From: John Jones <jijones@usjoneses.com>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 06:58:26 -0700

laurief wrote:
> One of the most glaring problems, however, is accurate blue
> rendition.  I've tried Kodak and Fuji films, but all I ever seem to
> end
> up with are blue and near-blue irises that turn out lavender-purple on
> film.  Of course, this may be as much the fault of the mass market
> labs I
> use as it is the film, but I wonder if there's a specific film you can
> recommend for shooting bluish irises in the garden under natural
> light.

I hope that Katherine will have a comment, but I remember a previous
discussion about this problem with a solution using a particular filter
on one brand of film.Can't remember what the filter number was but I am
sure it is in the archives.

Of course you still have the processing problems and the innaccuracy of
the scanner and video display comming into play if you pare generating
them for computer use.

USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
Fremont, California, USA
Visit my website at: