SPEC: unknown water-loving, late-blooming beardless

  • Subject: SPEC: unknown water-loving, late-blooming beardless
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 13:36:03 -0400

I posted an unknown to iris-photos, but decided to post on iris list as
well.  This one grows in water or damp somewhat shady areas.  It's very
late blooming.  I don't know if it's actually a species or some sort of
escaped cultivar.  Could it be laevigata?  Or brevicaulis?

The foliage is low, fairly soft and arched, stalks are short and not
rigid also - less than 2 ft long I'd guess and leaning or sprawling.
The flower I took the picture of doesn't show the form very well & I'm
afraid I didn't look all that closely at it - the picture looks like it
has no standards, but I dont' remember that.  Oh well, next year, better
pix, better notes.

Any guesses? Thanks

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8