hort.net Seasonal photo, (c) 2006 Christopher P. Lindsey, All Rights Reserved: do not copy
articles | gallery of plants | blog | tech blog | plant profiles | patents | mailing lists | top stories | links | shorturl service | tom clothier's archive0
Gallery of Plants
Tech Blog
Plant Profiles
Mailing Lists
    Search ALL lists
    Search help
    Subscription info
Top Stories
sHORTurl service
Tom Clothier's Archive
 Top Stories
Disease could hit Britain's trees hard

Ten of the best snowdrop cultivars

Plant protein database helps identify plant gene functions

Dendroclimatologists record history through trees

Potato beetle could be thwarted through gene manipulation

Hawaii expands coffee farm quarantine

Study explains flower petal loss

Unauthorized use of a plant doesn't invalidate it's patent

RSS story archive

Re: PHOTO: cameras

  • Subject: Re: PHOTO: cameras
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 18:38:37 -0400

I forgot software - the HP Photosmart 210 came with Photoimpressions
software, which I never got used to and stopped using.  It seemed to
defy all my wishes!

So I got impatient and started using the abbreviated version of Adobe
ActiveShare that came with my HP scanner.  I don't like it either!  It
uses labels for photoalbum files but I can't ever figure out the actual
computer file name that the different albums are in to find the
individual photo files.  This software is really easy to use to trim
pictures (once I find them!), but I haven't figured out how to size
files with it so far.

Finally, I use Polaroid's PhotoMAX SE (which came with that defective
ultra cheap Polaroid digital I tried 2 weeks before turning it in and
getting the HP) to re-size files to get them small enough to email

And then if I want to shrink the actual photosize, I use PC Paintbrush,
a cheapo ($5 to $10) bit of artware from the bargain rack at some
discount store years ago.

I'm sure there is an easier, more efficient way to do all this, but I
haven't taken time to figure it all out.  Maybe this winter.

One trick I figured out on my own is to copy all the digital files from
the Lexar flashcard reader to somewhere on my harddrive, then use
Windows Explorer to rename the individual files with words (i.e., flower
name) instead of numbers, then import them from my harddrive instead of
the flashcard so when I 'lose' them in Adobe, they are easier to find
again.  They also load a little faster into the software, I think.

I am supposed to be cleaning house today!  Got to get off this stupid

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8


Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

 © 1995-2015 Mallorn Computing, Inc.All Rights Reserved.
Our Privacy Statement
Other Mailing lists | Author Index | Date Index | Subject Index | Thread Index