Re: Re: PHOTO: cameras

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Re: PHOTO: cameras
  • From: John Jones <jijones@usjoneses.com>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 22:33:51 -0700

Mike Greenfield wrote:
> There  are digital cameras with through the lens view but
> $ 1000 + price.

There are severalin the Sony Mavica series that are through the lens
viewing that range from $450 to $850. They are excellent cameras

> Digital zoom is worthless you can do excactly the same thing with the
> same
> picture with the same photo with software.

Except that if you zoom on scene you get to see how good the effect is
and modify your shot as necessary. If you wait til you try to adjust it
with software you can't go back and reshoot the shot if you don't like
the results.

> Most good cameras have an
> optical
> zoom 2x or 3x. A 10x optical will give you problems because of the
> small
> size of the lens to get enough light.

But you can adjust the exposure (with some cameras like the Mavica) and
It has never been a problem for me and I have shot in all sorts of light.

USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
Fremont, California, USA
Visit my website at:
Vice Chairman, Region 14 of the AIS