Re: [iris-talk} AIS:Conventions

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk} AIS:Conventions
  • From: "wmoores" <wmoores@watervalley.net>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 06:29:23 -0500
On 28 Jun 01, at 16:31, John Reeds wrote:

> No really suitable subject tag for this.  I remembered seeing an iris-talk
> letter mentioning an Australian regional iris convention or something.  I
> don't know if I would actually go for it, but I'd at least be very
> interested if there is sort of Australian (national) iris society (or a
>  The bigger the better; we have
> some regional conventions here that really wouldn't be worth a plane trip,
> but a national is generally nice.  For the US, pick Oregon, Washington, or
> somewhere in the Northeast for the most beautiful visits.

  Aw, only three places for irises in the US?

  Don't forget the antebellum South with its totally unique gardens draped in
Spanish moss and charmed by Southern hospitality. Lafayette and
Little Rock will again draw Heather and Bernard for another visit
next year.

  Barry Blyth lands almost yearly in Portland.  Then he goes to
regionals and the National at bloom time.

  Just about all of North America has its garden attractions, and
everywhere irises grow, the welcome mat is out there for you to stop
and see the magnificient iris gardens.

From sea to shining sea, there are iris gardens worthy of your

I just took a plane trip to the Northern Tour in Minnesota.  The
gardens were awesome and the plane ride worth every dollar it cost.
Regional and national hosts work hard and deserve praise and thanks
for putting these things together and pulling them off.

Ask Barry,  Bernard,  Heather (seasoned iris travelers) where they'd
stop in Australia and for that matter the USA!

Walter Moores
Enid Lake, MS USA 7/8 (Wava Flag today!)