SPEC : Species information please?

  • Subject: SPEC : Species information please?
  • From: Paul Tyerman <ptyerman@ozemail.com.au>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2001 22:30:27 +1000

Howdy All,

I am after some information on a few Iris species.  If anyone has
information could they please contact me.

I am after descriptions (plus synonyms), germination (particularly length
of seed viability), cultivation notes etc.  I have seed ( a few years old)
of these species and I am thinking about sowing it.

Iris mandshurica
Iris thunbergii
Iris sogdiana
Iris haynii
Iris jordana
Iris stolonifera
Iris koreana
Iris latifolia
Iris caucasica
Iris sikkimensis
Iris aucheri
Iris magnifica

If anyone has information on any or all of these species then I would be
most appreciative of some of it.  I know almost nothing about most of these
species (some I cannot even find in reference books, others there are
references to, but nothing much else.

Thanks in anticipation.

Paul Tyerman
Canberra, Australia.  USDA equivalent - Zone 8

Growing.... Galanthus, Erythroniums, Fritillarias, Crocus, Cyrtanthus,
Liliums, Hellebores, Aroids, Irises plus just about anything else that
doesn't move!!!!!