Re: TB: Where to get?

  • Subject: Re: TB: Where to get?
  • From: neilm@charter.net
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2001 16:02:45 -0000

--- In iris-talk@y..., Arnold Koekkoek <koekkoek@m...> wrote:
"I can speak to the quality of rhizomes from Riverview Iris Gardens"

I'm glad to see this comment, Arnold.  I used to live in the county
next north of Riverview and had similar soils, water, climate.  It
spoiled me!  Bearded iris are in hog-heaven with limey, desert soils,
plentiful high-quality irrigation water, dry air, intense sun from
Easter to Thanksgiving---absolutely ideal growing conditions.

If I could just take a pair of pruning shears to the calender and
remove everything after Christmas and before Palm Sunday, I'd have
the world's second most perfect climate for bearded irises--San Jose
to Monterrey, CA takes first prize, I suspect.

Neil Mogensen, zone 6b/7a near Asheville, NC