CAT: Riverview Iris Garden Catalog

  • Subject: CAT: Riverview Iris Garden Catalog
  • From: "Jeff and Carolyn Walters" <jcwalters@bridgernet.com>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2001 14:48:14 -0600

> From: Patrick Orr <PatrickJOrr@hotmail.com>
> I ordered their "descriptive catalog" for $5 last year and found that
there are no descriptions in it at all.
> Have they included the descriptions of the cultivars in this year's
catalog or does it still just list the names?

 The Riverview Iris Garden catalog was published in the same format this
year as it has been in the past, i.e., it lists for each entry the name of
the cultivar, its classification, the hybridizer and year of introduction,
awards received (if any), the price, and a notation if it is a Space Ager
or a Rebloomer. Please consider that Riverview Iris Garden is not the same
type of operation as Schreiner's or Cooley's (and that Schreiner's and
Cooley's do not list over 5000 cultivars in their catalogs).