Cult-new babies

  • Subject: Cult-new babies
  • From: "Bob & Caroline Hudnall" <rhudnall@mcn.net>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2001 16:41:34 -0600

The iris I purchased last year produced quite well this year, however,
I have a question.  Couple put up one fan with a bloom stock.  Normally
I would snap that bloom stock off at the base but if I do that with
these I will loose all the leaves.  Should I just cut the bloom stock
down a bit and leave those leaves to help manufacture food for the new
BTW what looked like a lack-luster bloom season turned out to be quite
nice, fortunately we (Helena, Montana) didn't get that terrible spring
snow storm like they did in Missoula where Cheryl lives.  That must have
been heart breaking.   We did have light frosts very late this year and
our apple and cherry crop will be very light.

Caroline Hudnall
Zone 4 and at 4300 foot elevation