HYB:2001 Seed

Iris pods seem to mature earlier each year.  My bloom season is running about
a week earlier than when I lived in Alvaton (12 miles south).  But my pods
are maturing three weeks to a month earlier . . . last year and this year.

I began harvesting pods today.  They were cracking.  One of the most
anxiously awaited pods produced only 17 mature seed with several dozen
immature/aborted seed.  A few were half grown but most were no bigger than a
kitten's baby tooth.  In hindsight, does anyone think I could have done
something to assure more mature seed?  We've had plenty of water this spring
so that shouldn't have been a problem.  How about fertilizer?  I didn't add
anything after pod set this year.

Betty / Bowling Green KY USA  Zone 6
Only those who dare to dream can make a dream come true.