Re: HYB:2001 Seed

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] HYB:2001 Seed
  • From: "wmoores" <wmoores@watervalley.net>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2001 19:56:46 -0500

Seed harvest here is right on time.  Usually, by July 4th, I will
have harvested all seed pods, and with about four or five left to
pick, this year seems normal in this area.

The only thing I have noticed this year is the almost total absence
of balloon  or bee pods.  I think I had one balloon and maybe three
bee pods. Strange because I had 99% bloom this year during the best
bloom season in many a year.  Last year's drought and searing heat
seemed to have no effect on bloom, and for once in many years, also,
we had winter.

Walter Moores
Enid Lake, MS USA 7/8