Re: SPEC : Species information please?

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] SPEC : Species information please?
  • From: "wendy sargeant" <wendon@dcsi.net.au>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2001 11:28:35 +1000

Hello Paul,
I dont know if this will be of much help but I got a lot of info regarding
the growth patterns of many of your irises from Jan Clark and the following
Bulbs by Martin and Rix, this lists much of the growing conditions that many
of your irises are found in.
Bulbs: The complete & practical guide by Brian Matthew.
Iris, Flower of the Rainbow by Graeme Grosvenor and of course Bill Shears
marvellous book.
I tried to simulate the same growing conditions that they said they found
these species iris growing in, some were easy to duplicate, others not so,
but they are all growing on.
I grow a few on your list but none have flowered as yet and they are
sogdiana,latifolia,caucasica and magnifica as well as a few otheres you
havent listed.
Jan might be able to help you further as she is a mine of helpful info and
has quite a collection of Junos etc from what I can remember.
Good Luck and happy reading, Regards from Wendy Sargeant, Zone 8ish Victoria
, Australia...