From: owner-iris@hort.net [mailto:owner-iris@hort.net]On Behalf Of
Autmirislvr@aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, June 01, 2004 6:53 AM
To: iris@hort.net
Subject: Re: [iris] Re:HYB: TB: Planting seedlings

In a message dated 5/31/2004 9:45:32 PM Central Standard Time,
DanaBrown@peoplepc.com writes:

> I went to A. M. Leonards catalog and still
> don't know how to use it. <G>

The one I have is A . (pg 14 big catalog.)

Hang on to the cross bar at the top!  The bottom piece is heavy, apply foot
to cross bar at top of bottom section.  Push to desired depth.  Wiggle
forward
and backward, if wider hole is desired.  Plant seedling, push soil back in
place.  <bg>

Also good for tomatoes and mums, unless planting from cups. (In which case,
recommend a bulb setter.)

Plan to try it on regular transplants but do not anticipate the same
results.
 I suspect that exaggerated wiggling may not be sufficient!

Directions are available for righting oneself after being thrown from a
bucking garden bench . . . if desired!  Post if interested.  <bg>

Betty W. in South-central KY Zone 6
Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website: