Re: Re:HYB: TB: Planting seedlings

Oh Dana, I sure hope you girls are talking about a tool we call a "dibble
stick". Betty's directions are so vivid if you've ever hopped on one!!!
One learns real quick not to jump on with both feet at the same time and
especially not in hard, hard dirt!! Kinda like a pogo stick without the
spring....boy does that bring back memories (and they aren't that old).
We used it to help plant several hundred trees in some old hard pasture
ground. I finally put my 11-12 year old son on that thing and I duck
walked or crawled from hole to hole sticking the tree cuttings. Hubby of
course was telling us where to make the holes and put the sticks! Our
neighbors couldn't imagine anyone planting trees anyway but especially in
rows and wasting water on them! What a nice memory to start the day with,
what could be better than playing in the dirt with your family in the
warm springtime sun.

Thanks for the smiles. And Betty, if the ground is fairly worked or soft,
I like to use a giant screwdriver; that way my *exaaggerated wiggling*
doesn't put on quite the show the step on bar does! Smiles heck, I am
real close to belly laugh time! I forget how funny some of our serious
iris stuff must look to....hmm...oh you know..our kids, our spouse,
neighbors etc.

Char Randall
Melba, Idaho