Re: OT: Flat Iris

I routinely get normal or near normal flowers on all of my flat Iris except
for Rhythm.  I don't have many, but the ones I do have are:

Amaryllis, Flopsy, Rhythm, Six Pack, Unfurled Flag, and White Parasol.  I
have tried to grow 'Clematis', but it keeps dying before it blooms.  I'll
try again.  Of these Rhythm and Clematis are diploids, quite different, and
smaller than the others, which are all large-flowered, probably tetraploid

White Parasol and Flopsy are similar, but White Parasol is actually the one
with the weaker stems that flop over.  It's the only Iris I grow that in
this climate (central NM, USDA Zone 7/8) routinely can't hold up it's

If Rhythm were to produce a normal flower, it would look quite a bit like
'Perfection' though not exactly the same.  I suspect it is probably a
mutant of a normal old diploid cultivar, and I'll bet if it makes a normal
flower, one could figure out which one it is (???).

As usual, I went out into left field a bit there.