RE: TB Firenze Frolic

With that parentage 'High Life' had to be checked out.  I found a photo,
and it looks nice.  The photo shows flaring falls, but I'll bet it's one of
those photos meant to show the Iris in "better" form than reality
(personally I like "hanging" falls).  Probably taken when the flower was
still opening??  Anyway, it's nice, the red-purple color seems more pure,
darker, and much more intensive than in 'Firenze Frolic'.  Found the photo
of 'High Life' at the Iris Test Garden web site; the URL is
http://www.iristg.com/high_life.asp

I couldn't locate an on-line photo of 'Firenze Frolic'.  In fact, I only
find it at one source, which is Long's Gardens in Boulder (where I saw it).
Long's hasn't updated their site since 2001, but as far as I know, they are
still in business and doing mail order (?).  I saw the plants there in June
2002.

If the cultivar is becoming uncommon, I'll definitely have to order
some!!!!

I've never done mail order business with Long's, only walk in.  Always
friendly, but very busy during bloom season. Things have changed there
quite a lot in the last decade.  Has anyone else done mail order business
with them recently?  You can post me directly of the list if you have a
comment.

Thanks,

Dave