Re: Re: HYB: germination experiments

I'm trying planting some green seeds again.  The first time I did it I had
really good germination on 5 of 6 pods.  I had shelled them, planted them in
pots and put them immediately in the fridge where they stayed the next few

When I planted green seeds the second time, I left them sit out in warmer
temps 2-3 weeks before putting them in the fridge.  Germination wasn't good.
Not really worse than normally planted seeds that year, but clearly not an

So this time they are going directly in the fridge again.  The difference
this time is the pots are all enclosed in gallon ziplock baggies.  It was
hard to keep them moist in the first tries and not really easy to notice
when they were getting dry, so the bags should eliminate that hassle.
Hopefully everything won't just rot that way.  They didn't rot in the prior
methods and I had the usual late germinations from them the second year.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA