Re: TB: Moores' irises, Shore Patrol

Bill B - Thanks for posting the nice photo comparisons of SHORE PATROL
and SEA POWER.  It would be really interesting to see a side by side
comparison of the two in Keith Keppel's garden.  I suspect on its home
turf, SEA POWER would look as impressive in comparison to SHORE PATROL
as SHORE P looks near its home turf in Mississippi.

Since my growing conditions are closer to yours than KK's, I definitely
want to try SHORE P here, having killed SEA POWER.

I still don't see an easy way for judges to evaluate which irises are
going to prove to be the best growers in different regions without huge
trial gardens, which has been pointed out as impractical.  Epecially in
the middle part of the country and the southeast, where weather is so
erratic, both within each season and from year to year.

But, like you, I really do wish there were some kind of award system or
emphasis on performance in our region (adopting you into Region 7). You
got energy to become a judge and run a crusade to turn every iris
gardener in our region into judges and change the awards?

--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8