AIS:Judges's Ballots ( was Moores' irises, Shore Patrol)

In a message dated 6/6/2004 7:24:23 AM Central Standard Time,
lmann@volfirst.net writes:

> You
> got energy to become a judge and run a crusade to turn every iris
> gardener in our region into judges and change the awards?

Can some of the perceived inequities in the balloting be based on the number
of judges voting in each region? I'm much too busy, to look up the number of
judges in each region <truly>, but I would guess there are more judges in the
regions where these irises perform well, a matter of numbers.

As judges we are constantly reminded to vote our ballots based on garden
performance rather than show bench performance.  This happens each and every time
we have a training session based on awards and ballots.  Surely, no judge
would vote the ballots based on show bench <judging or otherwise> or pretty
pictures from catalogs? <bg>

Bloom season passes rapidly and it is difficult for most people to visit as
many gardens as they would like.  As you add other responsibilities, pollen
daubing, garden care, etc., the window of opportunity shrinks.  Too many iris,
too little time!

Betty W. in South-central KY Zone 6
Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website: