TB: Torchlight Parade

Just wanted to mention that the 'Torchlight Parade' I was so kindly given
last year flowered this year.  It only made one stalk with only two
flowers, but I'm surprised it flowered at all since it was it's first
growing season in the ground.  I like the flower a lot, and it indeed does
look like a yellow and "red" version of 'Wabash'.  It also has strong PBF.

I am now starting a new section in my garden.  It will probably stay small,
but it is for the old fashioned smallish bicolor or contrasting bitone Iris
that are tetraploid, but resemble the old diploids.  These look out of
place with the majority of much larger and stockier, often more modern
tetraploid TB's, but they also seem out of place with the diploids.  Among
the TB's they tend to get lost.  Four that come to mind are 'Amigo', 'Shah
Jehan', 'Wabash', and 'Torchlight Parade', but I'll be watching for others.

I actually tried cross pollinating all four of these this year, but I got
no fruit on any of them.  'Amigo' and 'Shah Jehan' made no good pollen, but
'Wabash' and 'Torchlight Parade' were loaded with lots of nice fluffy
stuff.

Dave