OT-BIO Alana Kirkpatrick

Hello, my name is Alana and I am a newbie!!  I need some friendly advice.   I have "inherited" (Thru purchasing the modest home attached!) an iris garden.  I have no idea what I need to do next.  The irises that bloomed I believe to be mostly bearded iris, but fully 1/2 of the garden did not bloom this year so I don't know what kind they are.  I need to know what I do now.  I want to divide this bed out and place the irises in other places in my yard.  I have a mature pine tree that I would love to put some irises around, but I don't know if they do well under a pine tree.   I have identified at least 10 different color varieties from what did bloom this year.  I need to mention here that this "bed" is over 80 feet long, and at least 10 feet wide at its widest point.  So I have a LOT of dividing to do....I live in Zone 6 (Nashville TN).  I also have another area in my front yard that gets full afternoon sun (as does this "bed") that I would like to transplant to.   I hate to do the wrong thing and kill these plants, so I need some help, please!!  Thanks!
--- Alana
--- tnmedic@earthlink.net