Re: TB: Torchlight Parade, and others

Thanks Arnold,

I'd been wanting to get 'Bright Hour', but hadn't found it yet.  I've never
seen the flower up close and personal, but I know that some people like it
better than 'Wabash' and others do not.

Can anyone say if 'Kahili' is a similar type of flower?

Dave

                      "Arnold Koekkoek"
                      <koekkoek@mtcnet.        To:       <iris@hort.net>
 .                    net>                     cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Re: [iris] TB: Torchlight Parade, and others
                      owner-iris@hort.n
                      et

                      06/07/04 03:20 PM
                      Please respond to
                      iris

Look for "Bright Hour", which at first glance is a dead ringer for
"Wabash".
However, closer comparison shows the shoulders and into the falls of BH to
be
redder as compared to the blue tone of W.  Also BH has little reddish
purple
marks at the top of the style arms, whereas W does not.  I have those two
planted side by side on purpose so that I could discover the difference,
and
completing a triangle is "Amigo", which has blue where Wabash has white.
They
make a great trio.
Arnold

Arnold & Carol Koekkoek