Re: Shipping Irises

In a message dated 6/12/2004 7:53:48 AM Central Standard Time,
tomg@airmail.net writes:

> While they both were in good condition. The leaf tips had only slightly
> browned (about 1 mm) down from the cut on the wrapped rhizome and about 3 mm
> on the unwrapped ones."

Wondering how those irises would have faired if they'd been left on my door
step to swelter for 12 to 36 hours?  It's not uncommon for delivery personnel
to just dump the box on my doorstep (no shade-no protection).  Just a note due
to curiousity.

Both rain and shine can be a problem.  Wonder if I could train them to leave
boxes under the shade/carport/work area?  How big would the sign need to be?  <
leave boxes here

Betty W. in South-central KY Zone 6
Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website: