Re: HIST:Gracchus

In a message dated 6/13/04 7:39:06 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jijones@usjoneses.com writes:

> <<In 1931 the AIS issued a "Discard List" which I thought was nicknamed
> the "Black List" but I could be wrong.
>
> Can anyone amplify on this? >>

Looks like we are talking about 2 separate lists, John.  The "black list" was
actually called the "Black list," as opposed to a "White list" of recommended
irises given at the same time.  Guess AIS softened the terminology by 1931!

When I said "new" AIS, I meant relatively new.    :-)

Dorothy Stiefel
Spencer, NY
Reg. 4/5