Re: HIST -- AIS Black List

On Jun 14, 2004, at 6:00 AM, Gesine wrote:

Someone on this list purchased a copy of the list, at
the Silent Auction at the recent AIS convention --
maybe they would scan it and post?

If you are referring tho the 1931 Discard List, that was me. Were you thinking of images of the pages or a text file of the iris names?

One of the points of the Black List was, many iris are introduced, that are not really different enough to warrant introduction -- still a problem today. Also, in AIS history, this was a time when they were just organizing/listing all the extant iris, and figuring out that many had been going by several names. So it was kind of a "listy" time.

p.s. Save your iris catalogs!  70 years from now,
then-current Historic Iris Preservation Society
members will be very happy to read them!