Re: TB: Recommendations

  • Subject: [iris] Re: TB: Recommendations
  • From: "Mary Swann-Young" <MryL1@msn.com>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 19:15:38 -0500
  • Seal-send-time: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 19:15:38 -0500

My 5 best spring bloomers:

   Celebration Song - definitely EML
   Timescape - nice form, sets pods on a whiff of pollen
   Olympiad - ditto, (doesn't rebloom for me here)
   Rustler - wow color
   Spring Fling - nice ,tall, dark pink with lace
   my NOID kinda-sorta pink - big, EML, pods like Timescape - BTW Anybody have
a picture of One Desire they could post?
Whoops, that's six... oh well.

My 5 best rebloomers:

   Earl Of Essex - Always a nice show, and planted in a bad spot, too.
   Sugar Blues - In bloom over 55 days each of last 2 years & very fragrant
   Autumn Grandeur - best form that actually reblooms here
   Bountiful Harvest - very striking
   Amain - Anything that can be cut & brought in for the Thanksgiving table in
Indiana gets my vote, especially when it was just transplanted 4 months

A lot of others could have been contenders if the %$##@ borers would just
leave them alone.  Next year it's chemical warfare.

Mary Lou, near Indianapolis, Z5