TB top 5 favorites -- HIST

Hi all,

Predictably enough, my 5 favorite TBs I saw in bloom
this year are all historics --

INDIAN CHIEF (Ayres 1929)
I'll be digging/dividing this one, email me off list
if anyone wants some.  A glorious, vigorous,
floriferous, hard to kill, sturdy, wonderful scent,
iris.  I dug this one up from my late Ma's garden,
didn't know name til later.  S: light carmine, F:
velvet carmine, B: yellow, great retics, really a fine
old iris.  This one was in many of the "best iris"
lists in the 30s.

MONSIGNOR
makes a really fine clump

ISOLINE
really wonderful, droopy form, complex blending
of rose colors

QUAKER LADY
an old favorite -- I'll have some to share later.

SHAH JEHAN
very interesting the more you look at her
copper hafts, many colors blend

Gesine