Re: CULT: Variegated foliage

Victoria Moira Simmonds wrote:

I am in zone 5 and sometimes we are considered zone 6. I was going to buy
some TBs with the variegated foliage as I can find them potted and growing
here. None of the potted ones offered for sale look to have had any blooms
and although I was more interested in them for foliage I had thought they
might be fairly hardy.
There is very little information on them offered. Being fairly new to the
world of Iris I would appreciate any words of wisdom being offered. I did
check a British Columbia catalogue from Ferncliff Gardens and did not find
any variegated offered. I was wondering how they would grow here.
Moira
Victoria Moira Simmonds
Armstrong, B.C. Can.
victoria@thelizard.net
victoria@cnx.net
Clumber Spaniels
www.fuzzyfaces.com/whitehawk1.html

Sounds like fellow canadian Chuck Chapmans CANADIAN STREAKER was custom made for you. MidAmerica Gardens has one and Zebra Gardens has two . I posted some photos this April. You can find them in the iris-photos archieves at www.hort.net

Cathy, currently dieting on fresh peaches,'cots, plums and necterines