Re: CULT: Variegated foliage

Cathy <kittencampi@earthlink.net> wrote:

>>> Sounds like fellow canadian Chuck Chapmans CANADIAN STREAKER
was custom made for you. MidAmerica Gardens has one and Zebra
Gardens has two . I  posted some photos this April. You can find
them in the iris-photos
archives at www.hort.net <<<

I have two Iris pallida 'Aurea' (known as Zebra) and it is
surprisingly not doing well the past two years. I had another
'Aurea' in my former home 30 miles to the west of here and it
had wonderful bloom and the increase was significant. Had to be
divided more than other bearded.

Brad Kasparek's variegated foliage TBs 'Zebra Blush' and also
'Zebra Milk' are doing fantastic in my frigid mountainous
climate. Kasparek's irises of whatever bearded class do
exceedingly well here. I think the Kaspareks garden in different
cultural conditions than my rainy, acid-soil Zone 3 garden.

Ellen

=====
Ellen Gallagher

The Society for Siberian Irises web page:  http://www.socsib.org