Re: TB:Recommendations

As so many others have already said--but I can't help repeating--to choose
just 5 means having to leave out something that's probably equally deserving.
However, these come to mind as standouts for this year:

STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN--TB    Wonderful clump that just kept on blooming and
blooming.
FIRST WAVE--TB    A Rick Tasco 2003 intro, seen in several gardens at the
Region 21/TBIS convention in
                                    Lincoln, NE, in late May.  Never saw a
flower with more ruffles in my life.  Incredible!
ORINOCO FLOW--BB   As always, bloomed too tall for its class here, but it
showed off beautifully, especially
                                    because it blooms late, when all the
others around it are about done.
HOLLYWOOD NIGHTS--TB  Another one that bloomed a long time, lots of big, dark,
near-black blooms.
DREAMING YELLOW--SIB  Probably our best clump of Siberians this year, full of
flowers.

This is an impossible task, but what a lot of fun to review in my mind the
iris I saw this year.   I kept changing the list as I remembered others.
Aside from a couple last TB and SIB blossoms, all there are now is Spuria.
Season is so advanced this year, everything bloom so much earlier than normal.

Arnold

Arnold & Carol Koekkoek
38 7th Street, NE
Sioux Center, IA 51250