help for a beginner

Hi everyone,
I have just made it through my first season of my TB's blooming.  I have kept
up with removing spent blooms and stalks, but am wondering what else I need to
do to keep the garden healthy.  Here in S. WI we have had an extremely wet
spring and I have lost some fans due to it being too wet and the soil washing
up around and ontop of the rhizome.  Could I get some advice from all of you
experts on what I should do.  Trim dead fans back? Time to divide?  Fertilize?
I would appreciate any suggestions and knowledge anyone cares to pass along.
Thank you.

Lynn
Greendale, WI
zone 5