Re: help for a beginner

Hi Lynn!

I agree with Dorothy's advice on the soft rot. I too have had a bit of trouble with that due to the wet spring, and also some trouble with fungal leaf spot. This was my first time battling leaf spot -- guess I have been very lucky til now. I sprayed with Daconil last week for that since I had trouble on some lilies with another fungus that is supposed to respond to Daconil anyhow. Hope you avoid the leaf spot! ( I see by your signature that you are a D.V.M. -- me too, although that was a long time ago and I never practiced much due to a child with some disabilities to take care of. Do you do small animals?)

"Lynn Stucker, DVM" <drlynn@wi.rr.com> wrote:
Hi everyone,
I have just made it through my first season of my TB's blooming. I have kept
up with removing spent blooms and stalks, but am wondering what else I need to
do to keep the garden healthy. Here in S. WI we have had an extremely wet
spring and I have lost some fans due to it being too wet and the soil washing
up around and ontop of the rhizome. Could I get some advice from all of you
experts on what I should do. Trim dead fans back? Time to divide? Fertilize?
I would appreciate any suggestions and knowledge anyone cares to pass along.
Thank you.

Lynn
Greendale, WI
zone 5