Re: CULT: Leaf spot resistance?

Fjord is another iris that has superior tolerance to leaf spot.

Kelly D. Norris wrote:

Today I decided to take a jaunt through the iris fields at our farm.
Because of an uncanny amount of precipitation this spring we are plagued
with hideous leaf spot and spotty cases of rot.  But one cultivar that
showed minimal to no leaf spot was I REPEAT.  It is a real eye catcher;
lush green foliage amidst spotty brown shrivels.  Has anyone else had
this experience with this plant?  The plants are in conditions no
different than any of those that do have leaf spot.  Could we possibly
have the means for genetic resistance or at least superior tolerance to
leaf spot?

Just a thought...

Botanically,

Kelly D. Norris

Master Gardener/Freelance Writer

Bedford, Iowa USA

Zone 4b/5a

www.rainbowfarms.net

Newsletter Editor: Iowa Bluebird Conservationists, Dwarf Iris Society

The love of knowledge is a sort of madness.
C. S. Lewis, Out of the Silent Planet