HYB:pod:deer story

While working in my rebloom section yesterday, I realized that one of my best
pods was gone. The stalk was still there (nice and tall) so I searched a wide
circle around the stalk, but found no pod.  Closer inspection showed that the
loser quarter inch of the pod remained on the stalk!

Never have I seen anything like it (20 years)!  My conclusions?  Maybe a deer
ate it?  There were a couple of bee pods within 3 feets, but nooooo! It takes
from the best.

The deer had been grazing on my daylilies . . . they leave a very clean
wound.  Then they attacked my small veggie garden.  (took out half a new hill of
cucumbers but left the rest)  I got hair from my local beauty shop and had
sprinkled it around everything but the irises . . . they hadn't bothered the irises
before.  (I did see rather small deer tracks near the site.)

Anyone else lose pods to strange occurrences?

It had been a bad spring for takes and I really liked this one!  Darn!

Betty W. in South-central KY Zone 6
Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website: