Re: CULT: Rebloom -- Wearing Rubies

I do think that there has been at least one report that
Wearing Rubies rebloomed in California.  I do know that it
does rebloom in Australia.  Barry told me that it had a
habit of wanting to rebloom just when it was time to ship.

I have had a good percentage of my imports from Tempo Two
put up stalks so far.  With Panache and Romantic Gentleman
will be blooming by next week, and Tuscan Villa is open
right now.

I do try and freeze pollen and have had some success.  This
year I'm ready, I have pollen waiting in the fridge and
freezer for my new imports.  It is certainly harder to get
takes with the high humidity, but if you are really crazy
and wait until 3:00 am, I've gotten a few takes.  Wearing
Rubies has proven to be very fertile both ways here.  It
has managed to grow well and did bloom this spring even
after setting several pods last July.

Robin Shadlow
zone 5 NE

smiling about new US citizens, of course we'd welcome those
hard working immigrant ants!

Good People. Great Causes. Get Connected on Care2 Connect:
http://www.care2.com/go/z/C2Connect