Re: HYB:pod:deer story

I'm from Ohio so I found this really surprising.  Canton, Ohio is were I'm
from.  We raised gardens full of veggies and a number of these plants you
mention and had no problem with deer.  Deer must be more plentiful were you
live.  Is it heavily wooded around your home.

Glad you let me know what all deer like to eat.  I'm upset with voles who
follow mole trails for eating rhizomes.  But I do get to see some blooms.
Although they have eaten rhizomes of new varieties I've never seen bloom.
Still looking for away to rid our place of these varmints.  I can't have
tulips for voles eating them.  They like Hosta real well too here.  Love
Lilies but I bought a collection of them and they ate everyone of my lilies
(not daylilies) and I didn't get to see them bloom.  Not tried them since.
They love Liatris too.  Eat every bit of its roots.  Wish I could get rid of

Wish I could bring over some squash & cukes right now.  Had a lot of rain
and are getting oodles of them.  Our neighbors and friends love getting

Glad you got tomato, peppers and peas.  The Deer haven't eaten them.  Bet
they would love those peas if they knew were to find them.

You mention rabbits eating some of your plants.  In the morning and evening
and sometimes during the day we see rabbits scampering here and there.
Spooked some in the daylily bed.  But haven't seen any thing they have
munched on.  They seem to like to hide in the daylilies and play hide and
seek.  Our yard is full of clover perhaps that is what they dine on.