Re: Re:HYB: storing pollen

Victoria, the ones of us who cross-breed irises more often than not just pluck
what pollen we find and head for the planned mama, or just as likely,
"planned" on momentary impulse.  Few of us resort to the rather complicated
and touchy process you've been reading about.  I've been breeding irises off
and on for over fifty years and have yet to try saving pollens by freezing,
although I've thought about it on more than a few occasions.

As it is, I end up with more seeds than I have room to germinate and plant
just doing the crossing the old-fashioned way.

Glad to have you on-board.  This robin is a fun one, but does get rather
technical at times, yours truly being one of the more notorious ones
responsible.

Neil Mogensen  z 7  western NC mountains