Re: CULT: Rebloom -- Wearing Rubies

Dear Griff: No knowledge about WEARING RUBIES. But thought I would tell you about the VV 72 crossof mine at Michael Lockatell's this spring. Every iris in the cross was huge, with excellent substance, excellent branching and excellent substance. The growth is also super-hardy. I made crosses with some of the Space-Age oranges, which seem to grow with compromised vigor. None of the 72 cross had appendixes, and it will be interesting to see if they rebloom. RENOWN is a key iris in the complicated parentage. Bill Shere (sp?) said the one white was as laarge an iris as he had ever seen. Unlike some crosses, these have not shown rot on the podded stems. The pollen parent of VV 72 is an iris that I had told Mike would be very important!! Hope you are AOK; soing fairly well here. Sincerely, Lloyd Zurbrigg.