CULT:Summer bloom

In a message dated 6/23/2004 2:52:29 PM Central Standard Time,
rshadlow@wildmail.com writes:

> good percentage of my imports from Tempo Two
> put up stalks so far

To parrot Linda's sentiment on another thread . . . I hate to say me too, but
. . . me too.

I kept mine out of the ground for over a week (unforseen occurances) and then
I planted them straight in the soil.  No pots, no babying.  A few days ago I
had to dig one out where the hill washed down on one.  Checked and no evidence
of summer bloom.

Today I was in that part of the garden and there they were . . . two fans
swelling, but the really bad part is that another one has a stalk and is showing
color!  Now I'm going to have to learn how to do the 'pollen in the freezer'

I'd thought (hoped anyway) that I'd escaped this phenomena by mistreating
them so much!

Betty W. in South-central KY Zone 6
Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website: