Re: Re: HYB: Substance

I don't know if it was my mention of texture that you were referring to, but
when I mentioned texture I was not referring to an iris I had listed as
excellent substance.  I was questioning how to rate an iris that had
that plush
look to it, like Copatonic.  The ones I listed Fjord, Lace Legacy and
Orinoco Flow
all meet both your and Donald's definition of substance, but they do
have a thick,waxy
feel to them.  While ones like Copatonic and possibily Louisa's Song (I
don't grow
Louisa's Song, but I am assuming it is a lot like About Town), would
probably meet
the definition you and Donald are using, but sometimes in this type of
iris the
petals hold up in heavy rains, but they lose some of the color. I have
to say that
this is not the case with Copatonic, the color is holding up extremely
well, even
after that day last week when it hailed three times.  I think World
Premier is
more of an iris with a plush texture, whose petals hold up but the color

Does anyone know what I am referring to...and if it isn't called
substance is there
a name for it ?

I am now regretting I didn't take photos after that hail day...to