Leaf spot

Hi everyone,
This is my first year of having my TB's bloom, but because of our wet spring,
I am fighting leaf spot.  Does anyone know of an article about the propagation
of leaf spot?  Fungal or bacterial?  From the soil?  affecting the fans
through the rhizome? or up the fan veins? or is it topical?  I am wanting to
learn the pathway, so that I have a better understanding of how to fight it.
I would appreciate any help anyone can pass along.

Lynn
a beginner in Greendale, WI
zone 5