HYB: seedlings

A few of the seedlings that germinated last winter after burrito-ing in
the fridge last fall are starting to make increase.  Leaves on some are
knee high.  Nearly all the early germinated seedlings are lined out.
Huge in comparison to the ones that germinated outdoors.  I'll try to
get a photo comparison.

Betty, I bet you could get your outdoor pots started at least a month
earlier just by putting half rounds of wire fencing over the row of
sunken pots, then covering it all with a double layer of fabric plant
bed cover after they've chilled for three months - early-October thru

I'm going to try chilling most of my seeds outdoors this year, then
bring them into the sunporch in Jan.  That should give them close to
three months of chill, hopefully enough to get enough of a sample of
them started so I can see blooms the following year and figure out
whether or not the seedling parents are worth using.
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8