Re: HYB: seedlings

In a message dated 6/29/2004 7:33:56 PM Central Standard Time,
lmann@volfirst.net writes:

> Nearly all the early germinated seedlings are lined out.
I'm eager to see my seedlings bloom. (Aren't we all) As stated, I had all
seedlings that were large enough in the ground by June 1st.  The seedlings with
the highest priority, yellow/red plic, were planted first back in early to mid
May.  I was steadily planting at every opportunity.  That first cross is MUCH
bigger than the rest. Either it is more vigorous than all the rest (doubt it)
or the ten days to two weeks made a big difference.

The second bed I planted is just setting there.  I've used pre-emergent on
both beds but wonder if it could be having an effect on the second bed.  (Or is
it the time difference)  I put the preen on the second bed as soon as
possible.  But the first bed grew up a little, then I used round up on it and put the
preen on it later.

I'm happy that the favored cross is growing so well, but disappointed that
the others aren't doing as well! Still, with a little help from Miracle Grow,
I'm hoping for enough growth for bloom in the spring.

Betty W. in South-central KY Zone 6
Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website: