Re: OT-BIO: iris yellow spot virus

Yes, I do have this information.  But as with all the other info I have found, it talks about onions.   There are a lot of onions grown here but they have been disease free.  I do know that the viris has to be in a living source to survive.  It doesn't seem to be carried over in onions but what I have read indicates it can over winter in iris rz.  The extension office here has never seen it in iris before.  The leaves are being sent to the state office for testing.  I don't know if control of the onion thrips will be adequate or not.  Will share what info I get

Lobergs <loberg@adelphia.net> wrote:You may already have this, but for others, Oregon State has info and photos

> Hi
> I am a new iris grower. I am located in western Colorado. I currently
have @ 200 varieties. I believe they have the iris yellow spot virus.
Samples have been sent off to a lab for confirmation. The virus is new to
this area and most information I have found is related to onions. Has
anyone else had this problem and if so what have you done? What has been
the long term effects? Any information would be appreciated.