Re: Re:HYB: Bud Count Question

Betty, I understood to whom you were addressing the comment.

I, too, have run into the remark you quoted--about the variety identity
being "wrong" for some specimen on the show bench.  I've bitten my tongue a
few times, tactfully disagreed if I was in an "official" position, but never
forced the point.  If I could I let it slide by.  If I felt the specimen did
belong in the variety niche, I've followed the show rules which are quite
clear about such issues, and leave the entry alone, right where it is.

More often than not it's a mute point anyway, as a specimen that differs
that much from the obvious norm for the variety isn't going to be a ribbon
winner anyway.

There's a type of person I run into both inside and outside either Iris or
Church gatherings or processes that I have begun to refer to as "People who
know more than God."

It is impossible to disagree pleasantly with such people. They are *right*
with a vengeance, and all I can do is sigh and leave their settling their
issues with the Most High who is the one who does have the authority.  All I
know is "'Tain't up to me."

Neil Mogensen  z 7  Reg 4  western NC mountains