HYB: most fun crosses..

Linda, I like the tag line in this.  Thank you for starting a thread like

This has been absolutely the *worst* Iris year/bloom season I have ever had,
anywhere, and even so there has been some glorious bloom.

I don't yet know for sure what has taken, what has not, as pods that looked
like they were forming rotted right on the stalk, or had the stalk rot out
from underneath them.  So these are apparent takes: (so far)

Venetian Glass X Treasured.  How can one go wrong with a cross like that?
Nice fat pod.

Pink Ruffles X Clown Pants: *variegata* x Mellita Rubromarginata (from
memory--forgive met, Tom, if I'm misquoting that).  This is a diploid cross,
the first pod I've *ever* gotten to "take" on Pink Ruffles.  Who would have
expected such great fertility from that species cross that produced Clown
Pants?  It is even setting some "bee" pods, but those often have been empty
balloons around here.  I have Clown Pants here as guest from Tom Silvers,
with pollen priviledge.  It blooms SDB height, but behaves like a diploid
TB.  It is a charming *variegata* in color and quite fertile, with branching
I quite like.

Peach and Quiet X Fashion Designer    First time I've gotten takes by or on
either of these.  I've been trying, or planning this cross for some time.
Fashion Designer was introduced several years ago, and is right up there in
quality with the newest of the new.

R 24-5 X S 03-15 --two pods.   R 24-5 is from Rogue x Power Woman; S 03-15
is from Power Woman x Fiery Temper.  Power Woman is from (Swingtown x
Romantic Evening) and is a red-purple with vivid blue to self bead, lightly
tipped frost some years.  Both parents (the R and the S seedlings) showed
considerable quality, both with Umbrata dark falls, ground color in R 24 a
brownish red, dark violet in the S 03.

Black Phantom X Charleston  That's a cross I've wanted to do for some time,
and finally Black Phantom managed to get a non-frozen bloomstalk up and

Neil Mogensen  z 7  Reg 4  western NC mountains