HYB: Spanish Peaks [was: Grand Baroque ]

Linda, interesting you mentioning SPANISH PEAKS.

It's been a long time since I have run across a mention of this grand old
historic.

Of the whites, it produced the whitest-white colors in the color class of
any of the great early whites.  It was never used as heavily in breeding as
some of the other concurrent whites, but in our long term heritage I'd say
that the two whites that have contributed most to quality and history have
been SPANISH PEAKS and SNOW FLURRY along with Snow Flurry's mother,
PURISSIMA.

Spanish Peaks was far more likely than other whites to produce offspring and
grand, or great-grandchildren without significant yellow in the beard,
laying the goundwork for other color combinations that did not depend on
yellow.  Sparklingly clean white or blue (or violet-blue!) colors have come
from it.  It has good, hardy, Colorado-bred survivor ancestry for your work.

Neil Mogensen  z 7  Reg 4  western NC mountains